Office-bearers and TTT Committee members 2023:
as at (and since) Special meeting February 15, 2023
- President – Zina Carman
- Vice President – Gay Bell
- Secretary – Fred Preston
- Treasurer – Anne Staig
- Gay Bell (Production Manager)
- Zina Carman (Social secretary)
- Lisa Berry (Facebook site administrator)
- Terry Roseburgh
- Rosemary Faris
- Michael Baker
- SOCIAL: Zina Carman, Marie Darby
- PLAY READINGS and SELECTION: Gay Bell, Rosemary Faris
- Shoestring Playhouse Bookings Officer – Michael Baker
A little history
- Started in 2001 in local peoples’ homes – play readings and discussions.
- Operated in Senior Citizens’ Hall for 18 years.
- Lobbied for an arts space for 15 years.
- Continued full-length and one-act plays three times a year for 20 years.
- Led the community in convincing local government to permit the use of the old basketball court (recreation centre) to become a performance and visual arts centre.
- Contributed to the planning and development of Shoestring Playhouse and ‘The MAC’ (Multi Arts Centre).
- Developed the functionality of Shoestring Playhouse and took on its management in March 2021.
- Organised Stage Management and Lighting Workshops (2023)
- Collaborated with Melbourne Improvisation to run Improv sessions in 2023
- Continued management of Shoestring Playhouse for community users