TORQUAY THEATRE TROUPE, INC.
COMMITTEE MEETING TUESDAY 1ST AUGUST 2017
PRESENT: Peter Whitnall, Jaz Cornish, Erika Turner, Maryanne Doolan, Fred Preston, Zina Carman, Gay Bell, Michael Baker, Lisa Berry
APOLOGIES: Terry Roseburgh, Carleen Thoernberg
MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
Acceptance of minutes.
Moved: Fred Preston Seconded: Michael Baker
- Theatrecraft magazine (1) – August 2017
- Instagram (1) – *accounts we may like
- Regional Arts Victoria (2) – *membership invoice/*workshops, tours and funding
- Surf Coast News – estatement
- ASIC – business name registration is due for renewal. Scam?
ACTION: Lisa to makes inquiries at work. DONE
- org – recommendations (2), *July plays. Things I know to be true/Ninety/*Red door release-Sweet Road
- Judy Hodgkins (2) – *provided email address/* thanks for adding her to our emailing list
- VentraIP (2) – *exceeds max. file size/*changes regarding BPAY
- Our Community (2) – nominate your treasurer
- Consumer Affairs – annual statement notification
- Judy Hodgkins – sent email to confirm
- Regional Arts Victoria – public liability insurance, payment completed
- The Eulogy – info on Facebook/email
We have $34,196.77 in TTT accounts.
- Final report for the past year is being complied
- Peter presented attendance comparison figures to help us decide whether we run 2 or 3 week shows in the future. ONGOING
Motion: To accept Treasurers Report as given.
Moved: Peter Whitnall Seconded: Gay Bell
WEBSITE – Fred:
- Original “theme” crashed so Ventra recommended the file upload size be increased. Spam detector installed-all is back-on-track
- Fred is keen for more information re: the “Fury” auditions
- Need a little more information on “Eulogy” before the “Fury” info is rolled out
- TTT website has a link to TryBooking
- Committee to check website and supply any information that could go onto the website. Users also are to report any issues with the website
- “Eulogy” info has been posted
- Fred needs photos
ACTION: Gay to take even more photos and send them to Fred
GRANTS REPORT: Nothing to report
TOPS: No meeting since we last met
“Art of the Minds”:
- The Wyndham is still being unreasonable about payment
- There will be a meeting August 10 to discuss/address these issues
- Marketing is done by the AOM organisers
Custom built lighting trolley: Ongoing (Michael B)
Lighting board: Gay will need lighting for Fury and the technician will need to know how to use it. Suggested TTT purchase it soon so there’s time to prepare. Shouldn’t take long to order and take delivery. Users need to be taught. George and Zina will be away. Who will be able to train us on its use? Are there any on-line learning tools out there (videos etc)?
ACTION: Michael to discuss this with Bishops, then go ahead with the order. Need to check if bugs are fixed, if the software up-to-date, ask about a warranty and negotiate a good price. DONE
- The last one was done in a rush, but it happened.
- Next one is due in December.
- Shouldn’t remove people from the mailing list until Robert is back.
- Snapshot committee article will be in next newsletter.
- A meeting has been organised for Wed 9th August at Peter’s house. 7.15 pm – Peter, MaryAnne, Fred and Zina will discuss ‘membership’ and report back.
- Gay sent Chris’ email address to Robert to be added onto the data base as requested
Green Grants: Nothing to report.
- Status report provided.
One Act Play:
- Rehearsals going well, set and costumes are being organised, need 2 things for sound, Michael will do lighting. There are 2 trees needed for lighting at Kithbrooke and Star of the Sea.
- Gay said she needs a green cotton throw, not patterned
- Email will be going to people involved in the troupe advertising the show and asking for helpers. Gay to use her own list in Robert’s absence.
- 26 of 80 tickets have been sold and we’re 3 weeks out, very good.
- Thursday 24 August need people to help set up/pack up that night
- FOH needed. Merle will be happy to organise it. Peter to organise champagne.
- Gay checked out 3 caterers. Committee agreed to go with “Offshore Café and Catering” for the 24th.
- Everyone must book. Committee to get cheaper tickets, Peter to refund monies to committee.
- Supper menu should be added to the advertising material.
- Be there by 6.30
- Show will be performed in Anglesea for One Act Play Festival on Sunday 28th Numbers are down for this event.
- When staging the show at other venues, we need people to help move the set furniture. Stuart Errey may like to help.
ACTION: Gay to ask Lachie to investigate.
- Zina to forward original Publicity tasklist email to Gay.
- Working Bee – ONGOING
“When Dad Married Fury”
- Auditions went smoothly, lots of new people
- Need 1 more cast member (the brother) for the main cast plus 70-year old ‘mother’.
- Cast hasn’t been decided
- Not a single “regular” TTT-er in it
- Fury has been decided
- Should be relatively cheap/minimalistic set. It’s all done with lights
- We need nomination forms. Zina to email them to Erika who will pass them on to Fred.
ACTION: Fred to send out the nomination forms and notify paid-up members about the AGM
- Peter has list of current/paid active members (from July 2016)
- Theatrecraft magazine will be emailed from now on – no more hard copies
- Colin Mockett’s Theatre Awards Night-Sunday, Nov 26. Please book and get money to Zina asap. $20.00 pp
Meeting ended at 9.30