TORQUAY THEATRE TROUPE, INC.
COMMITTEE MEETING TUESDAY 5th December 2017
PRESENT: Erika Turner, Fred Preston, Michael Baker, Carleen Thoernberg, Zina Carman, Gay Bell, Kathryn O’Neill, Lisa Berry
APOLOGIES: Jaz Cornish, Peter Whitnall, Maryanne Doolan
MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
Acceptance of minutes.
Moved: Kathryn O’Neill Seconded: Carleen Thoernberg
• Regional Arts Victoria – funding for small regional presenters
• “Fury” Comp replies – Henderson, Katos, Dyer
• Theatrecraft magazine (1) – November
ACTION: Erika to find out why we’re still receiving hard copies
• Consumer Affairs – annual statement reminder
• Surf Coast News – invoice
• Ticketing queries (3)
• Subscribing to TTT issue (1)
• Trybooking (3) – funds requests/transfers
• Torquay Community Enterprise (2) – *Congratulations on your successful application for funding of $1818.20/*handover (Michael attended)
• Regional Arts – survey
• Our Community (5) – *grant alert/*membership confirmation/*funding centre subscription/*book sale/*women’s governance scholarships
• The Zipper by Bernard Clancy – call for cast (see email with details below)
• Leown Tarrant – email for Carleen
• When Dad Married Fury – email replies
ACTION: Has the payment for newspaper advertising been made? – Peter
• Not all payments have been made for Fury, great ticket sales and profit
• Some questions for Peter and the show
Motion: To accept Treasurers Report as given, amendments will be added later when Peter returns.
Moved: Michael Baker Seconded: Zina Carman
• No changes
• Photos from the VDL Awards Night, Mockett Awards and Fury
• Will post info re VDL Awards Night
• Michael collected the cheque at the Torquay Community Enterprise presentation. The committee appreciated the fact that the application was specific.
• No meeting until 19th December
ACTION: Gay to discuss extra shed storage with the person that did the recent renovations at TOPS at the next TOPS meeting
One Act play
• Gracie has accepted the offer to direct the play
• The committee needs to see the play she chooses so we can okay and guide
• Gracie will need a liaison person from TTT
• She needs to know that it has to be a certain length for the Anglesea OAP Festival (45 mins)
• Gracie could also be interested in “Art of the Minds” given her interest in that area
• Invite her to the February meeting
ACTION: Kathryn to approach Gracie and let her know that we’d love to have her direct and pass on time restriction rule and practicalities of set size etc.
“When Dad Married Fury”
• We had some many more tickets sold. Why? People are learning that they need to get in early (Troupe reputation), there were Geelong people in the cast, advertising through OAP, the champagne, poster bright and clear, playwright’s reputation, Monday opening was good, great comedy?
• There has been spikes of ticketing interest after each FB post (Fred)
• Michael felt overwhelmed at times due to lighting (new technology), set ended up more complicated than originally envisaged, Producer needs to know the process (information missing from the “checklist”). Producer needs to be appointed at the start of the show/process
• Erika to email all the guest comps and book as required
• December newsletter is ready to be mailed out. Any new information about 2018? Something general and positive.
• Haven’t had a recent meeting, it will be organised soon
• Need to co-ordinate the “Cloud” mailing list with Mailchimp. It will be done.
• Great results, cleaned out TOPS and organised items
ACTION: Zina to label boxes. Erika and Zina to label ALL the fabric. Photograph where it belongs
• Lots of space in containers now, everyone worked hard and disposed of a lot of items. Big Tip bill. Things were measured and noted (under ADMIN / ASSETS on Website)
• Committee attendees to bring food items. Organised at the meeting
• Approach Sandy Fairthorn about directing “The Memory of Water” in 2019?
ACTION: Gay to contact VDL to organise a script
• Kathryn’s play suggestions: “Australia Day”, “Extinction”, etc.
ACTION: Kathryn to email her choices with synopsis/links to Erika who will forward it on to the committee.
ACTION: The people who would like to read the recommendations (above) will let Gay know by Friday 8th Dec. She will organise to get the scripts and the members will meet and discuss them Friday 15th Dec.
New Troupe T-shirts
• Gay has had difficulty obtaining samples. Has a sizing chart. Should buy them as a bulk order in variety of sizes. $12.70 per item, 30 items will get a discounted rate
• Need a mix of long and short sleeved tops
ACTION: Gay to discuss with Maryanne and email committee.
• Blank cards with TTT logo ordered. Need more envelopes. They will live upstairs in TOPS and Erika has 20
ACTION: Erika to buy more envelopes
• Thanks to Peter and Merle. Reidel glass X2.
ACTION: Erika to organise glasses and provide a letter on behalf of the committee. Zina to purchase a card and obtain signatures on 10th.
ACTION: Lisa to advertise Treasurer’s vacancy in December newsletter.
Purchase of a guillotine
• the Troupe needs one. Gay to go ahead and purchase one.
Purchase communication devices for back and front of stage
• use the ones we have next time
Katos unaware of proposed Performing Arts building
ACTION: Gay and Zina to talk to relevant people
Stagecraft: Camp for youth in January. Need sponsors for young people to go. Are we interested?
Meeting ended: at 9.38 pm