TORQUAY THEATRE TROUPE, INC.
COMMITTEE MEETING TUESDAY 2nd MAY 2017
PRESENT: Maryanne Doolan, Fred Preston, Michael Baker, Peter Whitnall, Zina Carman, Erika Turner, Terry Roseburgh
APOLOGIES: Jaz Cornish, Carleen Thoernberg, Gay Bell, Lisa Berry
MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
Motion: To accept minutes as amended
ACTION: Secretary to supply amended minutes to website manager (Fred) for upload.
Moved: Fred Preston Seconded: Peter Whitnall
NEW MEMBERS none
- Theatrecraft magazine – April
- Surf Coast Shire (1) – signed grant agreement for our records
- Ararat One Act Play Festival – August 5th
- Instagram (5) – *account set-up; *password
- MailChimp (3) – *location targeting for FB ads; *Campaign URLs, an updated content manager, and new featured templates; *list import completed
- Cameron’s Management – confirming that the rights are available for “When Dad Married Fury” – TTT’s next play
- Richard Critchlow – query about TTT offering a subscription service/ticket booking
- Regional Arts Victoria – Cororooke Arts Grants Information Session
- org – recommendations (2), *April recommendations – And the Big Men Flyby Alan Hopgood, and a bright, shiny new soon-to-be-classic, A Strategic Plan by Ross Mueller /*play recommendations-Michael Gurr’s Crazy Brave, State of Play essay from Ross Mueller Time to Seize the Means of Production – Activism in 21st Century Australian Theatre,
- VentraIP (2) – *payment confirmation/*updated account details
- Simon Parsons – enquiry re adding email to website
- Our Community – Edition 2, April
- VDL (2) – *reminder about adjudication form; *invoice for script hire
- VDL – adjudication form sent
- Cameron’s Management (agent) – asking if rights are available for “When Dad Married Fury”?
We have $31,553.83 in TTT accounts.
- The donation for Jenny’s wheelchair has been marked as a “Lighting Capital Cost – Other”.
ACTION: Treasurer to Treasurer will ask auditor to advise us if this is appropriate or whether it should be recorded as a different line item.
- Peter gave the ‘Volunteer Insurance Certificate of Currency’ paperwork to Erika.
ACTION: Erika to post our new Certificate of Currency to Surf Coast Shire as requested – DONE
Motion: To accept Treasurers Report as given.
Moved: Peter Whitnall Seconded: Erika Turner
- Fred continues to ask that the Committee visit the TTT website and supply more historical information about TTT, its past actors, performance dates, written reviews, posters etc. THIS IS AN ONGOING REQUEST.
ACTION: Committee to provide any relevant material
- Fred has added the crew list for “Laramie”
- Tessa is happy to post items to Facebook. She needs specific instructions about what the committee would like posted and when to post.
- Glen posted a notice about a “Skin-of-our-Teeth” audition
- Photos from Laramie have been posted, more will be added as the show opening approaches
ACTION: rehearsal photos to be posted – Fred
- Lisa did not contact any other relevant community groups about the show.
- We need to establish networks of people to promote TTT
GRANTS REPORT: None due to Jaz’s absence
TOPS: Nothing to report
Art of the Minds:
- Gay and Maryanne have been working on the play selection, sourcing actors and the performance locations
- Gay sent logo to Fred for TTT website
Preview Night – ‘The Laramie Project’: all organised
Custom built lighting trolley: Ongoing (Michael)
- new board is being used and trialled for “Laramie”. Michael stated that it was working well but there is a problem with the firmware (lighting colour). This should be able to be rectified through a simple upgrade.
- Bishops Lighting has sold our lighting board and we will be credited
- Website now has the March newsletter on it.
- Lisa provided a written list of recommendations from the newsletter sub-committee
- Sub-Committee hasn’t met. Will do so after ‘The Laramie Project’.
- Fred has (on request from the Committee) created a new password to access the membership data via the TTT website and Erika has been informed.
- Jenny has taken delivery of her wheelchair and is thrilled. There was enough money left over from the church’s and TTT’s donations to purchase a tablet (iPad) for her.
- Jenny asked about any videos of past TTT shows.
Secretarial Role – Peter has legally listed Erika Turner as secretary with Consumer Affairs Victoria
Auditor – Peter has organised an auditor for TTT finances. Cost is $150.00 NOT $200.00 as previously stated.
End of Year Show
- “When Dad Married Fury”.
- Michael to direct. Has slight concerns about finding certain characters (the woman, Fury; and a 70+ year old male). We don’t have a 2nd choice. Should advertise it in the “Laramie” program with basic cast descriptor
ACTION: Zina and Fred to write the “Fury” audition blurb for use in the “Laramie” program
Anzac Service – Marie Darby made a beautiful wreath on TTT’s behalf. A huge thank you from the committee for her continued support and creativity with regards to this matter
ACTION – Erika to post a Thank You card from the committee to Marie
- Have no sound/visual effects operator. Sindi Renea to talk to Queenscliff Theatrical Group
ACTION: Fred to post vacancy on Facebook
- Program to include information about a) “When Dad Married Fury” and b) inclusion of ‘The Laramie Project’ in the VDL Awards.
ACTION: Zina to organise
- Is a VDL reviewer coming?
ACTION: Maryanne to find out
- Maryanne reported that ads have been booked for the local newspapers
- 3 complimentary double passes will be provided for the Bellbrae Primary School Fete for 18/5/17
- Sign in front of the Elderly Citizens Hall was vandalized, but has been re-done over the “Humble Boy” sign
- Other signs have been taken – this is a concern.
- Fred has sent a reminder to all our subscribers via MailChimp
- Terry reported that everything is coming along and all areas are working together to bring the show to life
Facebook: Need to find someone to administer it while Fred/Tessa are away (June 3 to 15 July)
ACTION: Fred to approach Lisa/Glen about taking it on
Acting President: Michael Baker will be Acting President in Fred’s absence. Fred returns 15 July.
Other Actions – Erika to contact Richard Critchlow re: ticket booking – DONE
ACTION: Erika to book 2 comp tickets for Colin Mockett for 15/5/17 – DONE
Meeting ended at 8.51