TORQUAY THEATRE TROUPE, INC.
COMMITTEE MEETING TUESDAY 4th APRIL 2017
PRESENT: Maryanne Doolan, Fred Preston, Michael Baker, Carleen Thoernberg, Peter Whitnall, Zina Carman, Erika Turner, Gay Bell, Terry Roseburgh, Lisa Berry
APOLOGY: Jaz Cornish
MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETING
Motion: To accept minutes as read
Moved: Peter Whitnall Seconded: Michael Baker – Passed.
NEW MEMBERS none
- Theatrecraft magazine – none (as of last week)
- Surf Coast Shire (3)– *Small Grants Program workshop/*email from Rose Hodge re progress on Arts Space/Theatre/Cinema development/*annual proof of current public liability insurance required
- Arts & Culture Marketing Information Session – connecting with audiences, Geelong
- Regional Arts Victoria (2) – *Marketing and crowd funding support/*Mentorships and a multitude of opportunities
- org – recommendations (3), newly listed scripts Feb and March/*JACK: The Jack Hibberd Retrospective.
- VentraIP (3) – *online services, invoice/*Powerdown Scheme/*payment reminder
- Our Community – “Communities in Control” annual gathering– May 29-30
- VDL(2)-*adjudication approval for “Laramie”/*scripts for “Laramie”
- Maverick Musicals – festival winners-one act plays
- Janise Wild – call for actors for short film ‘The Dream of the Songstress’ short film
- Torquay Anglican Church – Quote #00042613; From Geelong Wheelchair Service
- Torquay RSL – Anzac day 2017-wreath
- Art of the Minds – notice of meeting Friday 7/4/17
- VDL – Zina entered “Laramie” for judging
- Anglican church – emails pertaining to purchase of wheelchair for Jenny
We have $33,900.70 in TTT accounts.
Motion: To accept Treasurer’s Report as given.
Moved: Peter Whitnall Seconded: Terry Roseburgh – Passed.
ACTION: Erika to post our Certificate of Currency to Surf Coast Shire as requested-DONE
- Fred has been posting info on “the past” (cast/crew/photos/programs) on a year-by-year basis. He still needs more info.
ACTION: Committee to provide any relevant material
- People have used the “walk-through” how to use “TryBooking”
- Fred would like to have a profile on every past/present person that has been involved in TTT over the years-wants to get the actual people to provide the relevant info
- Fred needs to add the crew list for “Laramie” to the page on the TTT site
ACTION: Terry to send it to Fred – DONE
- Was the link to the TryBooking site released too early?
ACTION: Lisa to explain the release/publicity plan to cast
- The Laramie poster is up on “TryBooking”
- It was suggested that we could publicise the show to groups of differing sexual choices
ACTION: Lisa to contact groups in our area and Geelong
GRANTS REPORT: None due to Jaz’s absence
- Carleen has written a letter to the SSC (in Laura’s absence) re: the missing key.
ACTION: Carleen to deliver letter
- Back door to TOPS has been left unlocked on occasions. All users to check before leaving. If found open, report to Laura.
- Upstairs bath to be removed for shelving. Laura suggested that the basin be removed as well and a small basin installed either in or close to the toilet.
(Our props will need to be removed when work is to commence.) They will notify Maryanne when the process starts so the clean-out can be arranged
- Upstairs carpet to be cleaned or replaced.
- Open fireplace in meeting room to be lined and used for Torquay Historical Society display. Fireplace glassed over and used as a display cabinet?
- Men’s Shed is moving. Where is the Women’s Shed going? Assumed no impact on TTT’s use of the shed.
- New procedure for Community Project proposals. Proposals to be registered online at any time. surfcoast.vic.gov.au/My_Community/Community_Development/Community_project_proposals
ACTION: Maryanne to discuss shelf height/depth to suit our needs with them
Art of the Minds: Meeting on Friday. Gay & Maryanne to attend.
Laramie Preview Night: Lisa needs list of Council members and politicians for invitations. Terry to make bookings on TryBooking as required.
ACTION: Gay to send to Lisa
Custom built lighting trolley: Ongoing (Michael)
Lighting board: Michael rejected the initial board and has chosen a different one that will better suit our needs. We will trial it for Laramie and then purchase if it is suitable. More expensive ($4,000). Bishops will in-service Michael and George
- Scrap concept of linking it to FB. Will link to Website so that past newsletters can be accessed.
ACTION: Fred to work out if he can “screen-dump” it and put it on TTT website
- Positive feed-back re first newsletter
- Fred and Zina made contributions re: what the next newsletters may contain
- Zina would like to do a workshop on Stage Managing after May
- 3 people unsubscribed from the supporters list – a good result given that it went to over 400 people.
ACTION: Need a written report on guidelines – Lisa to email-DONE
Membership Subcommittee – hasn’t met. Will do so after the show.
- TTT membership data published to TTT website – Fred has created a new password
ACTION: Fred to inform Erika of the change
Green Grants – ongoing
Jenny – Anglican Church has the money to purchase wheelchair ($5,094) and it has been ordered. They need a donation from us. It was agreed that TTT would donate $1,200.00 and the proceeds of the sale of programs for Laramie.
Personal donations from the Committee are to go to Gay in the next week. A cheque covering the TTT donation has been completed and handed on.
Secretarial Role- Erika needs to be legally listed as Secretary
ACTION: Done on website (Committee list). Peter to update Consumer Affairs.
Auditor- Peter has organised. Cost is $150.00 NOT $200.00 as previously stated
- Got quote for TV screens ($1,700.00). A little high. Zina will get other quotes – DONE
- Producer says the production is on-target. Cast is working on blurbs for the Program. Costumes to be done this weekend.
- Posters/signs are done
- Program to be completed, Zina to delegate – DONE
- Who is the Stage Manager? Gail? Maryanne? Zina?
- Comp Tickets – Fred to email Complimentary ticket code to Erika – DONE
ACTION: Zina to contact Wendy Reeves re working on sound for the show.
One Act Play: Gay suggested we involve the local Secondary College (play suggestion could be “Us and Them”) and they will be approached. Several ideas for shows.
ACTION: Gay to contact the school
End of Year Show – Suggestion of “When Dad Married Fury” by John Williamson Michael to direct. Reading will occur Wednesday 12/4/17 at 7 pm at Gay’s.
ANZAC Service – Marie to make/lay wreath. Carleen may join her for the laying.
Short Film Avalon- Actors needed. No-one from TTT available.
ACTION: Fred to post it on Facebook.
Meeting ended at 9.34