An entertaining and fun night was had by all at the EntertainmentGeelong Awards night on Sunday, run by Colin Mockett and his team. Thanks, Colin, for taking the initiative and getting theatre companies from all over Geelong, the Bellarine and Surf Coast together in one place!
TTT once again figured prominently in the nominations with about a quarter of the nominations being for TTT actors and productions!
We were also delighted to receive Awards on the night and to be rewarded again in front of our peers for our endeavours.
Here are the details. NOTE: These do not include one-act plays (for which we won 3 separate awards in Anglesea at the one-act play Festival).
Of the 50 nominations for Drama Awards, Torquay Theatre Troupe
members were nominated for a total a total of thirteen. The
- Best Overall Production: Strangers on a Train AND Any Given Monday
- Best Director: Michael Baker (Strangers on a Train) and Gay Bell (Any Given Monday)
- Best Female Lead Actor: Lisa Berry (Any Given Monday)
- Best Male Actor: Lachlan Errey, Lachlan Vivian-Taylor (Strangers on a Train) and Michael Baker (Any given Monday)
- Best Supporting Female Actor, Catherine Crowe and Maryanne Doolan (Strangers on a Train) and Siobhan Linde (Any given Monday)
- Best Supporting Male Actor: Ethan Cook (Strangers on a Train) and Fred Preston (Any given Monday)
Of the six Drama categories, Torquay Theatre Troupe won three
- Best Overall Production: Any Given Monday Directed by Gay Bell
- Best Male Actor: Michael Baker (Any Given Monday)
- Best Supporting Male Actor: Fred Preston (Any Given Monday)
These results out of 150 nominations are a fantastic result for the
Surfcoast thespians which are only made possible by the ever-growing
audiences drawn from our residents and their visitors.
Who were we pitted against? see details on the EntertainmentGeelong website